Lake Arrowhead FAQs
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
ARE THERE ANY FEES? WHAT ARE THEY?
Yes. Houses are $178/monthly & lots are $105/monthly, billed on the 2nd of every month. Membership at Lake Arrowhead affords property owners access to the following amenities:
- Beautiful 540-acre Lake Arrowhead Junior-Olympic-size Pool
- Bathhouse with locker rooms
- Great Lawn 5-acre multi-activity park – Tumbling Hill
- Outdoor Picnic Pavilion
- Basketball Court
- Sand Volleyball Court
- Batting Cage
- Eco-garden area
- Tennis Courts and Programming
- Fitness Activities and Classes
- Nature Trails
- 24-hour Security
WHAT'S THE RATE OF TAXATION?
Favorable—Kiplinger has rated Georgia 7th in its review of Top Tax-Friendly States For Retirees (view their full article here). For information about calculating property tax, visit our Cherokee County page.
I JUST BOUGHT PROPERTY IN LAKE ARROWHEAD. WHAT DO I DO NOW?
Congratulations and welcome to the community! Contact Membership Relations at 770-721-7912 to schedule an appointment for your membership orientation. During the orientation, you will have your picture taken for your ID cards, set up a membership billing account, and receive your welcome package with all the information needed to help you settle into your new property.
HOW DO I GET FRIENDS AND RELATIVES IN THE GATE?
During the membership orientation, you will be given information about setting-up passes for friends and relatives.
HOW DO I GET MAIL?
Please stop in at the U.S. Post Office in Waleska to set up your account and receive a box assignment and key.
WHAT BOATS DO I HAVE TO REGISTER?
All boats—motorized or non-motorized—must be registered each year and display a current registration decal.
WHERE DO I GO TO REGISTER MY BOATS?
Register your boats at the South Gate or at the Membership Office. You must complete a boat registration form and a copy of your proof of insurance in your name for the boats.
HOW DO I GET A CLOSING LETTER OR PAYOFF AMOUNT?
Contact our Member Billing Department by at fax 770-721-7909 or email Melissa Deems at firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW MUCH ARE THE LAKE ARROWHEAD YACHT AND COUNTRY CLUB DUES?
The annual dues for the Lake Arrowhead Yacht & Country Club are $2,136 for a home and $1,260 for a homesite. These dues cover the costs of common area maintenance, 24-hour guard-gated living, and affords property owners access to the wonderful amenities offered at Lake Arrowhead.
HOW MUCH IS A LAKE ARROWHEAD YACHT & COUNTRY CLUB GOLF MEMBERSHIP?
Lake Arrowhead property owners can become Golf Members of the Lake Arrowhead Yacht & Country Club to enjoy additional golf privileges at The Highlands Course. These monthly dues are $119 for Individuals and $159 for Family memberships and include the following:
- Unlimited complimentary green fees (cart fee only)
- Thirteen-day advance tee time reservations
- HMS Passport Golf privileges
- Unlimited driving range privileges
- Complimentary handicap services
- Golf pro shop special pricing
- Participation in golf events and tournaments
- Preferred golf guest fee and designated “Member-Guest Play Day”
WHAT ABOUT COVENANT INFORMATION?
- No real estate signs, open house signs, info box signs, or signs of any kind are permitted on property
- Propane tanks must be buried or fenced within design guidelines
- No boat, trailer, or motor home is permitted to be stored on a lot; rental space is available on property in a dry storage facility
- All exterior changes to a lot must be authorized by an Exterior Work Permit
- A copy of the complete master covenants is available
ARE THERE ANY LAKE RESTRICTIONS?
The State of Georgia has regulations to protect our lakes and greenspaces. Any work from the high-water mark back into the property for a distance of 25 feet carries restrictions. Please contact the Director of Property Management for a complete list of permitted and non-permitted activities.
ARE THERE ANY BOAT RESTRICTIONS?
- All boats must be less than 26 feet in length, Class A or l size category, as defined by Georgia Department of Natural Resources Wildlife Division regulations
- Members shall be limited to the use on Lake Arrowhead of four-stroke gasoline marine engines or direct injection two-stroke marine engines, including but not limited to, Evinrude E-Tec, Mercury Optimax, Yamaha HPDI or equivalent emission rated direct
WHAT IF MY QUESTION WASN'T ANSWERED HERE?
Reach out to Lake Arrowhead directly with any additional questions about homeownership in our community.
By Lake Arrowhead