lake arrowhead activities
Lake Arrowhead offers a vibrant and exciting lifestyle in the natural setting of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Activities are abundant in the town of Waleska, with quaint shops, antique venues, friendly eateries, beautiful parks, and close proximity to Cherokee County Regional Airport. Canton, the neighboring town, also presents a myriad of possibilities for enjoyable dining, shopping, entertainment, and culture. Enjoy Broadway productions at the recently renovated Canton Theatre and shop for specialty items along Riverstone Parkway in Canton.
Of course, the real pulse of the South is Atlanta, and all that this amazing city has to offer is within easy reach. The South’s best shopping and restaurants, leading entertainment venues, and the arts are all right here. Cheer on the Braves from the third-base line, shake hands with a dolphin at the Georgia Aquarium (the world’s largest aquarium), or shop until you drop at the Lenox Square Mall. With several professional and collegiate sports teams, numerous museums, and entertainment abound, Atlanta literally has it all—and it’s less than one hour from this mountain and lake paradise.
Cherokee County Area Attractions:
- Reinhardt University’s Funk Heritage Center, Georgia’s Official Frontier and Southeastern Indian Interpretive Center
- Woodstock Outlet Mall
- Gibbs Gardens
- The Falany Performing Arts Center at Reinhardt University, a top provider of quality fine arts programming in North Georgia
- Chattahoochee Technical College, a two-year college providing employment-focused training
- Cherokee County Regional Airport
- The Booth Western Art Museum (which is in association with the Smithsonian Institution) features 80,000 sq. ft. of contemporary Western American art, Civil War art, Presidential portraits, and an interactive gallery where you can learn about art and Western America
- Cherokee County Arts Council, promoting arts in the greater Cherokee County area
- Amicalola Deer Park, a family-friendly petting zoo
- The Etowah Indian Mounds State Historical Site, an archaeological museum
- Cagle’s Dairy, the only dairy in Georgia still producing and processing daily products
- Host of attractions in metro Atlanta, such as the Cyclorama, Fernbank Museum of Natural History, The Georgia Aquarium, Coca-Cola Center, Six Flags Over Georgia, Zoo Atlanta, and the Jimmy Carter Library
- Bring the family out to the Cherokee County Aquatic Center for wet and wild fun.
- Prefer life in two wheels? Whether you're a beginner or advanced rider, bikers enjoy Blankets Creek Bike Trails off of Sixes Road, in Canton. Trail Map found, here.
FIND YOUR HOME AT LAKE ARROWHEAD
With the perfect combination of outdoor amenities and city proximity, your dream home is waiting for you at Lake Arrowhead. Search for your new home now or learn more about Majestic Lifestyle Builders, the exclusive homebuilder for Lake Arrowhead.